Friday, July 4, 2008

I'm back!

I've been back from vacation since Sunday 6/29, but haven't really been up to posting. Vacation was a LOT of fun, but my arthritis really flared while I was gone. I'm no longer tired all the time, but I still hurt a lot. So, I haven't been writing.

Random thoughts that occurred to me while on vacation:

Even though I'm not much of a swimmer, I really love going to the beach. I can watch the ocean for hours - and did. The sound is very calming. The sight is somehow constantly changing and always the same. The smell... well I'll put up with the smell.

My niece CLS got married on the beach while we were there (the reason for the family vacation). She was beautiful. Yeah, I'm prejudiced, to be sure. But she was gorgeous. She and her new husband are crazy about each other. I'm thrilled for both of them. I'd forgotten how easily I cry at wedding.

I'm really lucky to have a family that gets along as well as we do. That's not to say that there aren't differences, but those differences don't take over the family and our time together. There were 18 people in an 8 bedroom house for 7 days. And not only were we talking to each other at the end of 7 days, but we were all really sad to see the vacation end.

I get really maudlin on the last day of vacation and I have no idea why. I LOVE vacationing as much as anyone. I love my life at home and look forward to getting back to it at the end of vacation. But for some reason the transition from vacation to home is a sad one for me.

More later. Bye!

No comments: